Sunday, June 26, 2011

Me-Made-June '11 - Week 4

We actually had rain this week. Several inches of glorious rain. The temperatures were not much cooler, however, and we're back to hot and humid conditions once again. As promised, this week I wore items that have been sewn in the last year.

I realized, after I made that challenge, that I only had a few things that I could wear. I modified my requirements and included some garments that I updated this week. (updating = new, right?) I also nearly finished another top that has been in my to-be-sewn basket since last year, Butterick 5328.

  • Monday - OOP Butterick 3344 cowl neck t-shirt, heavy mesh from Gorgeous Fabrics, sewn 2011; worn with RTW white capri pants
  • Tuesday - OOP Simplicity 4237 blue jersey skirt, sewn 2010; worn with RTW purple t-shirt
  • Wednesday - OOP Simplicity 3754 black denim, sewn 2009; McCall's 6077 purple gauze tank, sewn 2011; worn with RTW black cardigan
  • Thursday- New Look 6809 black eyelet top, sewn 2009 - sleeves shortened 2011; OOP Simplicity 4086 green linen-like fabric, sewn 2006? - I only wore this for the morning. I went to yoga class at noon and did not change out of my yoga clothes. {oops}
  • Friday - McCall's 4769 linen dress, sewn 2006? - modified into a skirt 2011; worn with RTW white t-shirt - I love the fabric of this dress (now skirt), but the bodice never fit correctly. I've been meaning to change it to just a skirt for a long time. This week I finally did and it only took about 30 minutes, too.
  • Saturday - OOP Butterick 4077 white linen pants, sewn 2006; purple gauze tank (again)
  • Sunday - black eyelet top (again); Simplicity 5914 skirt, sewn 2010
My favorite outfit of this week was Saturday's outfit. The linen and gauze fabrics were cool and comfortable, perfect for this time of year. I find myself really drawn to these loose, flowing styles this summer. I've been thinking quite a bit this month about my style and how it is evolving. I hope to get my thoughts about it organized for blog post next week. Until then, keep cool!

No comments:

Post a Comment