Friday, February 25, 2011

Finished Friday - January Projects

My January project was a simple a-line skirt with lining in a plaid print fabric from the bargain bin at Hobby Lobby. It went together quickly, but needed the hem to be marked and stitched.  That's it...just a hem...but about the time I finished stitching it I was three months pregnant with my last baby and knew it wouldn't fit for a while. So I put it aside and it hung in my closet for the next three years.  Eek!

I finally got tired of seeing it unfinished and wanted to finish something in January, so one night I had the husband mark the hem and spent about 15 minutes before church stitching it. The hem is not pretty, so no pictures. (My machine does not do a very good blind hem...yes I will blame the machine and not the fact that I did it in a rush to just be finished.) Finally!

 The pattern was McCall's 3341.
This is a very basic pattern with various lengths. It is a bit more a-line than the pictures suggest. Perhaps it is because of the size I made. I think I cut it at the below the knee length, but shortened it to just at the knee. Sorry no pictures of me wearing it.

I wish I could say that there are not any other old projects hanging around in my sewing room, but there are a few more half-finished garments that I hope to complete this year. Stay tuned!

No comments:

Post a Comment